The Beak February 2021
CIVA will be celebrating 24 years on March 15th, 2021!
CIVA is entering the main enrollment window for the 2021-2022 school year.
CIVA students, families and staff will be traveling to Athens & The Islands, Greece with tentative departure in June, 2021. For more information visit https://www.eftours.com/tour-website/2386382FD.
March 08 - Teacher Work Day, no students
March 09 - Data Collaboration Day, no students
Wednesday, March 3: Juniors, Practice SAT
Wednesday, March 10: Sophomores, Practice PSAT
Wednesday, March 17: Freshmen, Practice PSAT
Tuesday, April 13: Juniors, SAT
Thursday, April 15: Sophomores, PSAT 10
Friday, April 16: Freshmen, PSAT 9
AP Test Dates:
Monday, April 19: 8 am AP Literature Practice
Tuesday, April 20: 8 am AP Lang Practice
Wednesday, April 21: Juniors, CMAS Science
Thursday, April 22: Noon AP Physics Practice
Friday, April 23: 8 am AP Bio Practice
Wednesday, May 5: 8 am AP Lit
Wednesday, May 5: Noon AP Physics
Wednesday, May 12: 8 am AP Lang
Friday, May 14: 8 am AP Bio
Make Up Date:
Tuesday, April 27: SAT and PSAT make up testing day
March 22 to 26 - Spring Break
Remote Learning: Tips and Tricks to Succeed
- Make a weekly calendar with classes and dedicated time to studying.
- Set reminders for upcoming deadlines! You can do this on your phone, on Sticky Notes - whatever helps you to remember!
- Communicate, communicate, communicate!
- Learn your virtual class times and log in to the Google Classroom daily.
- Participate in class - set a goal to ask a question or contribute to the conversation each lecture.
Manage your environment.
- Minimize distractions: put away your phone and "turn off" social media and turn off the TV. Use headphones to deter conversations.
- Find a space that is comfortable but still allows you to focus with plenty of light. You don't want to be so comfortable that you fall asleep!
Ask for help.
- Call, email, or set up a virtual meeting with your professor to talk about challenges you are having or material you don't understand.
- If you are having problems logging in or accessing something, call the School Front Office.
Take care of yourself.
- Maintain a good sleep schedule, eat healthy, and stay hydrated.
- Take a walk, stretch, meditate between classes.
- Don't forget to wash your hands regularly.
- This is a learning moment! A great opportunity to learn adaptability/flexibility and technological savvy - two desirable soft-skills that employers look for!
- Remember you are not alone - your CIVA Community is here for you!
- To sum up: Remote learning requires discipline on how you use your time throughout the day to ensure that you don't fall behind. We want you to succeed and we know you can do it!