About Our Charter High School in Colorado Springs
What sets us apart from other charter high schools in Colorado Springs?
We are a college prep school that balances academic rigor with a unique emphasis on the visual & performance arts. As a high school for the arts, we understand the value that the arts add to the character and academic development of our students and incorporate them into our diligent learning environment.
- Our inclusive and accepting culture is created by our mission to develop essential qualities such as work ethic needed for academic success and strength of character demonstrated through respect and compassion towards others.
- Our welcoming culture is enriched by our focus on international students. Yearly, CIVA hosts over 10-15% of our students from other countries.
- Our atmosphere and student body have a much different presentation than most high schools in Colorado Springs. We encourage you to come check us out in person.
- Founded in 1997 CIVA Charter High School is authorized by Colorado Springs District 11. Over the years, CIVA has become one of the highest performing high schools in Colorado Springs District 11 and we have been voted Best of Colorado Springs several years in a row.
Who do we serve?
The small class sizes and safe atmosphere of CIVA high school for the arts provide a one-of-a-kind experience where students respect and care for one another. We limit the school’s yearly enrollment capacity to ensure we provide each student with a personalized and safe environment that fosters tremendous academic and character growth. With an average class size of 16 students, teachers can create an atmosphere that profoundly supports students to perform at their highest level. Students can thrive in this environment; the academic and character growth is unparalleled by conventional, larger high schools in Colorado Springs.
What do we offer?
- Honors & AP Courses
- A wide variety of Arts electives
- CU Succeed Courses
- Character Development
- Athletics and Activities
- Average class size of 16
CIVA's approach is gleaned from Quantum Learning. Quantum Learning is a brain-based research model, which has resulted in amazing academic and artistic accomplishments of our students. CIVA faculty members are exceptional at creating engaging lessons designed to bring out the best in students ensuring lifelong habits of learning. Over 90% of our graduates earn admission into four-year colleges and universities.
Conveniently located just off of I-25 and Garden of the Gods, our charter high school for the arts facility expresses the character of a learning community. Our building works well to foster an environment conducive to safety, learning and artistic expression.
We know we've succeeded when CIVA students develop an emotional maturity and a confidence that comes from competence. We are proud and overjoyed to know our students are ready to thrive in the collegiate setting with a strong sense of who they are and what they want to pursue in life. It is this benchmark of success that sets us apart from other high schools in Colorado Springs.
CONNECT WITH CIVA